Another extremely sweaty morning crisscrossing hot pavement. It made me smile when my iPod shuffled up Counting Crow's rendition of Big Yellow Taxi... "Don't it always seem to go - That you don't know what you got till it's gone - They paved paradise and put up a parkin' lot." It is the perfect theme song for my last two facelifts. Anyway, I received positive comments from two very nice people. Thank you, nice people! That makes up for all of the others that I am invisible to. Most people just look the other way while Julie and I step and stoop and step and stoop our way across the landscape dragging a black bag. Sort of like we are like homeless people or something ... you know they exist but you'd rather pretend you don't see them than actually help, because chances are they are crazy and who wants to deal with that? And I have to admit that I do feel and absolutely appear a little crazy, doing this in the middle of a heat wave! I gathered a very heavy bag of trash.In recognition of my 50th birthday, I will complete 50 "facelifts". A "facelift" is 50 minutes of trash pickup, completed in an effort to keep our world clean and beautiful.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
7/24/11, Denow Road Shopping Center, #47
Another extremely sweaty morning crisscrossing hot pavement. It made me smile when my iPod shuffled up Counting Crow's rendition of Big Yellow Taxi... "Don't it always seem to go - That you don't know what you got till it's gone - They paved paradise and put up a parkin' lot." It is the perfect theme song for my last two facelifts. Anyway, I received positive comments from two very nice people. Thank you, nice people! That makes up for all of the others that I am invisible to. Most people just look the other way while Julie and I step and stoop and step and stoop our way across the landscape dragging a black bag. Sort of like we are like homeless people or something ... you know they exist but you'd rather pretend you don't see them than actually help, because chances are they are crazy and who wants to deal with that? And I have to admit that I do feel and absolutely appear a little crazy, doing this in the middle of a heat wave! I gathered a very heavy bag of trash.
No comments:
Post a Comment