Sunday, July 10, 2011

7/03/11, Shop Rite Parking Lot, #39

I know it's crazy, but we can't stay away.  We needed a fast dependable facelift, so we headed back to Shop Rite and were very pleasantly surprised by how oddly ... neat? ... the parking lot appeared.  Seriously, it seemed to be pretty much devoid of it's usual collection of plastic bags, store circulars, and general trash.  We were impressed by someone's efforts to tidy up.


However... there was still plenty for two experienced trash collectors to collect.  I focused on all of the disgusting debris that gets smushed against the turtarriers.  Isn't "turtarrier" a great word?  A turtarrier is the cement block used to mark the end of a parking space.





It was still really hot and humid, and to complicate that, Julie and I found it extremely difficult to get our plastic gloves onto our hands.  (Note to self, keep baby powder in car for those moments).  


It was a successful, but kind of gross, facelift.

No comments:

Post a Comment