Saturday, May 28, 2011

5/22/11, Denow Road Shopping Center, #35

It was a day of little scraps, which I find can be more of an eyesore than larger pieces.  Although I worked steadily for 56 minutes, I only collected about half a bag of trash. I also only was able to clear about 3/4 of the parking lot.




As always, anthropologic musings kept me happily absorbed in my work.  A trail of "Thank you" mint wrappers flowed into the parking lot from the trattoria.  Could mints be made with wrappers made out of birdseed or something?  Since they are all ending up on the ground, that may be nicer for the birds and the environment.  Peculiarly, there were a lot of q-tips ... I am still perplexed about what they are being used for in the middle of a parking lot.  Cash register generated coupons were the winning  discard in front of Stop & Shop.  Isn't there a way to keep that information on-line instead of printing them all out?  Imagine all of the paper and ink that could be saved if coupon information could be electronically attached to a customer's store card account.
I am so full of great ideas!  Just call me an idea abyss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a great role model to everybody who has the pleasure of knowing you. If only everyone picked up one piece of trash-let alone bags full-our world would be a much more pleasant place. Keep up the great work! B.W.

Anonymous said...

so, in honor of you I walked around the lagoon for and hour and picked up a black bag of trash. Mostly candy wrappers and soda cans- Wonder why this community is getting larger??

Post a Comment