Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5/01/11, Route 31 North, near Baseball Field, #33

May Day was a very exciting pickup.  Dare I label it auspicious?  First of all, the location was scouted out and suggested by my friend Benji.  This stretch of road is one that she travels often, and it is always satisfying to improve the quality of a friend's life by making her world a cleaner place!  Anyhow, Benji was particularly annoyed by a piece of white styrofoam that had apparently been lodged into a bush on the side of the road for a long time.  

Good news, Benji - You will never be bothered
by this piece of white styrofoam again!



One very exciting thing that occurred was that Julie hit pay dirt!  Or at least she hit a dirty dollar!  We felt like she won the lottery.  Honestly, we don't do this for any sort of payment... but that made finding cash even more exciting!


Thanks again for the location tip, Benji!
It really paid off for us!

In addition to the cash, we received a loud "thank you!" from a passing car.  That made us smile!  We found a jackpot of exciting items to pick up that were a welcome change of pace from the usual haul.  We found several long pieces of old fire hose.  We found a tennis ball, and several softballs.  Well I can't remember anything else specific, but we didn't even finish this location - we only got through half of the strip before our bags were heavy and full to bursting.  Honestly, we were ready to leave, because we kept finding ticks on us and that was creepy.

Don't worry, Benji, Julie and I promise 
that we will be back to finish the job.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Here is a note I received from Benji after she saw this post....

I finally drove down Rt. 31 this morning and how truly pleasant to not have to see that piece of styrofoam again!!  And I'm so glad you found that dollar I left for you!  You truly are doing an MS "good thing" and it's amazing what can be accomplished in just 50 minutes to make the world a prettier place.  Thank you both!

You're welcome, Benji!

Post a Comment