Thursday, March 17, 2011

2/19/11, Mercer County Library, Hopewell Branch, #23


After the mountains of snow finally melted and I had recovered from a ridiculously long, energy-sapping cold, I was able to return to my personal quest to pick up litter 50 times before my 50th birthday.  The ground was soaked so I had to choose my location carefully.  I decided to tackle the landscape on the eastern side of the Mercer County Library parking lot where I had noticed a windswept wall of trash decorating the trees.  

However, while leaving my own neighborhood, I saw an area that needed tidying up, so I made a quick stop and gathered a small but heavy bag of trash.  

At the library, my pickup consisted primarily of discarded drink containers, plastic bottles, and empty snack food and fast food bags.  I couldn't not wander onto the perimeter of the high school student parking lot because it too was littered with more of the above.  Isn't there some type of a nature or recycling club at the high school that could provide waste containers in the parking lot and/or routinely clean up the trash left by students?  Belonging to an organization like that would look great on a college resume.  Just thinking out loud.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment