I know we weren't going to do Shop Rite again, but when Julie and I drove by and saw the parking lot, we couldn't help ourselves. As usual, the north side of the parking lot was heavily dotted with trash along the grass and woven into the treeline. Julie expressed frustration at not being able to reach a lot of the debris, which is protected by a barrier of pricker bushes. Even without the use of a rake, we managed to gather two full bags without venturing away from the area. Suffice it to say that with a rake we could have filled a box of bags. Most of the garbage is newspaper circulars, receipts, and the usual assortment of grocery lists, whipped cream cans emptied of nitrous oxide, plastic drink bottles and empty food containers and plastic bags.In recognition of my 50th birthday, I will complete 50 "facelifts". A "facelift" is 50 minutes of trash pickup, completed in an effort to keep our world clean and beautiful.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
4/10/11, Shop Rite, #31
I know we weren't going to do Shop Rite again, but when Julie and I drove by and saw the parking lot, we couldn't help ourselves. As usual, the north side of the parking lot was heavily dotted with trash along the grass and woven into the treeline. Julie expressed frustration at not being able to reach a lot of the debris, which is protected by a barrier of pricker bushes. Even without the use of a rake, we managed to gather two full bags without venturing away from the area. Suffice it to say that with a rake we could have filled a box of bags. Most of the garbage is newspaper circulars, receipts, and the usual assortment of grocery lists, whipped cream cans emptied of nitrous oxide, plastic drink bottles and empty food containers and plastic bags.
2 comments:
Deb Web We are extremely proud of you and your cast of characters or should we say cohorts? Keep up the good work because the world will gradually become a better/neater place. We love all of you especially you!!! Mom and Dad P.S. Shouldn't you be trying for 51??
Debbie-webbie:
I am so proud of you!! Beautiful pic of Jules, and great picture of you and Sal for the article - front page OOOOOHH-Hoo!!! You are doing a wonderful job! We all should think of taking an extra trash bag in the car and stopping to fill it up with the litter that surrounds us. If everyone did one a week, think of the difference that would make!
I love you! Your only slightly older sister ox
Post a Comment