Wednesday, September 8, 2010

9/06/10 - Shop Rite, #10

Thank you, Tracey!
On Labor Day, Tracey joined me for a very productive facelift along the parking lot at Shop Rite.  It is amazing to me how fast litter builds up there.  Although I appreciate having a dependable spot to find litter, it is a bit depressing to see it return so fast after I pick it up.


We worked in the afternoon and the store was busy.  This was good for two reasons.  First of all, we ran into a friend so we were able to get a picture of us together.  Secondly, we definitely attracted attention, and one woman in particular was very interested in what we were doing.  Tracey pointed out that it is important to be visible, because my little crusade just might inspire someone else to either help me:) or start their own personal challenge.  After all, I owe the idea for facelifts to the man I ran into at the Pennington Market who is doing 50 good deeds for his 50th birthday... So it was a good afternoon of companionship and PR!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment